The department is currently providing training in the subject of Forensic Medicine and toxicology for the undergraduate students of 3rd, 4th and 5th Semesters of 2nd professional MBBS degree course. The department has modern amenities with well planned and furnished faculty rooms and office. It is equipped with computers, laptops, internet facility, departmental research room, a well organised museum, full time operational library and a student laboratory, a spacious demo room with OHP, LCD projectors which can comfortably seat about 70 students. The department is vibrant and has done many CME’s, workshops and conferences till date. With an overall aim to train the medical undergraduates within the national objectives pertaining to medico legal responsibilities, this department unequivocally makes attempts to provide the best planning opportunities within its setup &within the required timeframe. The department is vested with a good laboratory having adequate microscopes, charts and museums displaying models and specimens.
The Department of Forensic Medicine and toxicology continues to provide an unblemished service-
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology classes for undergraduate students as per MCI curriculum
- Regular assessment of the performances and practical and knowledge of undergraduate students
- Extensive Training in the entire Medico legal work and inculcating the importance of medical ethics and ethical practice for UG students and interns.
- Guidance regarding handling of Medico legal Cases admitted in the institute.
- Training to PG residents regarding Medicolegal Report Writing