Technical advent and advancement in the technology has changed the position of Radiology tremendously. The so called “shadow chasers” of the yesteryears are one of the most indispensable people in patient management today. In last couple of decades radiology has grown by leaps and bounds with ever growing new technological innovations that have completely transformed the position of Radiology in such a way that it has become the most desired residency program across the world.
Today, the department is equipped with high end CT and MRI machines along with one of the best Sinology and Radiography equipment. Department has an integrated PACs with hospital information system. Besides the patient services, best efforts have been continuing for the post graduate education and research work which is evidenced by the well groomed residents as well as the research publications from the department.
The department is ISO 9001-2001 and NABH certified and offers a wide array of radiological services encompassing both diagnostic as well as interventional aspects.
The department is equipped with Digital Radiography systems which include both Direct as well as Computed Radiography. Portable radiography machines are being routinely used for sick patients with portable C- Arm being used in Operation Theatres. The radiographic services being offered include
- Digital radiography
- Barium and contrast procedures
- Intravenous pyelography
- DEXA(bone density scan)
- Abdominopelvic imaging ( Trans abdominal and Intracavitory)
- Obstetric imaging with dedicated studies for anomalies
- Small parts sonography
- Colour Doppler imaging
- High end sonography equipment with elastography and 4D imaging
Equipped with a 128 slice CT scanner which has made rapid and precise imaging possible.
- Whole body Imaging
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Neurovascular and Musculoskeletal imaging
Advanced application which include 3D volume rendered and multiplanar imaging have made it possible to give the treating clinician an exact depiction of disease process.
Equipped with one of the world's best Siemens SYRA 3 Tesla MRI scanner the department offers the best and most of the advanced MR imaging.
- Diagnostic Neuroradiology (Including spectroscopy, perfusion imaging, sequences in disease detection and staging).
- Musculoskeletal Imaging: Extremity imaging with dedicated applications like MR arthroscopy and Cartilage imaging
- MR Angiographies
DSA: Equiped with the best in the world equipment "C-Arm Model:- Zeihm Vision RFD Hybrid edition for vascular procedure.
Interventional Procedures: Therapeutic and diagnostic procedures under imaging guidance are a routine in department.
Non vascular Procedures:
- Fine needle aspiration / Biopsies
- Percutaneous drainages
- Radio-frequency Abalation of Tumors
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Therapautic Embolization
- Stent placement
- TACE (Trans Arterial Chemo Embolisation)
- TARE (Trans Arterial Radio Embolisation)