The Section of Gastrointestinal/GI Surgery is a core component of surgery. It is surgical treatment of the digestive system. A Surgical Gastroenterologist is a person who treats the diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, involving organs from throat to anal canal. It involves both benign as well as cancers of gastrointestinal tract.
Gastroenterological diseases and symptoms:
The organs which come under the track of gastroenterological disease are
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gastric Diseases
- Small Bowel and Appendix
- Colorectal (Including Haemorrhoids, anal fistula, abscess)
- Gallbladder and biliary tract
- Pancreatic Disorders
- Liver and spleen
SYMPTOMS OF GASTROENTEROLOGICAL DISORDERS:
- Abdominal Mass
- Abdominal pain
- Anorexia and weight loss
- Alteration of bowel habits
- Blood in stools
Surgeries we are providing here:
A. Luminal Disorders
Diverticulectomy, Oesophagectomy, Colley’s Gastroplasty, GORD: Laparoscopic Fundoplication, Oesophageal Replacement, Transhiatal and Transthoracic Radical oesophagectomy
Acid peptic disease, Morbid Obesity (Weight Loss Surgery), Laparoscopic Removal of Foreign body and Malignancy
Laparoscopic Appendectomy, Laparoscopic Resection & Anastomosis, Crohns disease management
Ileal pouch formation ,Rectal Prolapse, Haemmroids and Malignancy.
Complex as well as recurrent Anal fistula, Perianal Abscess and sphincter reconstruction
1. Galbladder and Billary tract
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic / Open CBD Exploration, Choledocodudenostomy
- Bile Duct Injuries and Strictures: Management of Acute Bile Duct Injuries, Repair of Biliary Strictures, Re do Repairs of Hepaticojejunostomy.
- Choledochal Cysts: Excision of Choledochal Cyst with Hepaticojejunostomy.
- Gall Bladder Cancer: Radical Cholecystectomy including Multiorgan Resections and Extended Hepatectomy.
- Bile Duct cancer: Right hepatectomy with Caudate Lobe Resection, Left Hepatectomy, Whipples Procedure.
- Hyadatid Disease
- Hemangiomas EHPVO/ NCPF: Proximal Splenorenal Shunt Portal Biliopathy: PSRS, Hepaticojejunostomy
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Metastatic colorectal cancer
- Metastatic or Primary neuroendocrine tumors
- Laparoscopic pancreatic necrosectomy, vard,
- Frey procedure
- Whipple procedure, pylorus preserving pancreatoduodenectomy, distal pancreatosplenectomy
C. G.I Malignancies
- Staging Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Biopsies from Lymph nodes
Radical Organ Resections
Thoracoscopic and Conventional Oesophagectomy, Laparoscopic and conventional Gastrectomy and Segmental Colonic Resections, Lap Abdominoperineal Resections, Hepatectomy, Whipples Procedure, Extended Cholecystectomy, Bile Duct Excision, Extended Liver Resections
De Bulking Surgeries
- Pseudomyxoma Peritonei
- Neuroendocrine Metastasis.
- RFTA for Liver Mets / HCC
Palliative Procedures: Laparoscopic / Open Gastro-jejunostomy, Celiac Plexus Block
D. Bariatric Surgery
DMCH provides comprehensive care for the patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and features a highly experienced team of doctors that specializes in treating the most complex cases.