Department of Urology at DMCH works as a team, reaching treatment decisions based on group recommendations, leading to the most beneficial treatment for each patient. The department currently has 4 specialist urologists and 3 trainees in the rotation; it provides a comprehensive urology service to the public as well as being a tertiary referral centre on a territory-wide basis. Combining advanced technology and medical expertise with compassionate personal care, our staff is committed to making treatment as successful and comfortable as possible.
The Department is well equipped with UroLab which has got latest MMS solar silver urodynamic machine. This helps in diagnosis of various neurogenic bladder disease and helps assess out flow tract obstruction.
- Management of genitourinary cancers (bladder,kidney,penile,prostate and testicular cancer)
- Malformation repair with urethroplasty.
- Male Infertility, erectile dysfunction and implantation of the penile prosthesis.
- Female urology, undynamic investigations and minimally invasive treatment of stress incontinence. Of urogenital trauma
- Reconstructive urology &treatment
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
- Laser surgery and laser lithotripsy.
- Bladder augmentation surgery.
- Endoscopic treatment of urethral valve
- Neurogenic bladder
- Pyeloplasty surgery for uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction
- Hydronephrosis repair
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) endoscopic and surgical treatment
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic assisted orchidopexy
- Adult Kidney transplant
- Pediatric Kidney transplant
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- A.V.Fistula creation for dialysis
- CAPD Insertion for dialysis
Department of Urology has got transplant surgeons trained in both adult and paediatric Kidney Transplants. Kidney donors are given special attention and are operated by either open or laparoscopic techniques. A separate transplant care unit with well-trained staff takes care of such patients.
Area of interest/treatment options
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Ureteroscopy (URS)
- Retrograde Intra-Renal Surgery (RIR)
- Laser surgery for prostate (HoLEP)
- Transurethral resection of prostate
A urologic cancer diagnosis can be devastating. Our dedicated team of experts takes an integrated, patient-centered approach to diagnose and treat these diseases to ensure optimal outcomes with minimal impact on your quality of life.
Highlights of our Urologic Oncology program include:
- Radical Nephrectomy for Kidney Cancer
- Radical cystectomy and prostatectomy
Reconstructive urology is a field of urology that involves restoring the structure and function of the genitourinary tract that has been damaged by inflammation, malignancy, trauma or due to congenital birth defects.
- Urinary Fistula Reconstruction
- Botox Treatment for the Bladder
- Circumcision & Frenulotomy
- Genital Reconstruction
- Penile Implants
- Urethral Surgery (End to end Urethroplasty, Buccal Mucosa Urethroplasty)
- Ureteral Surgery(Ureteric re-implant with or without Psoas hitch reconstruction)
- Ureteric substitution, Boari flap or TUU (trans uretero-ureterostomy)
- Vasectomy Reversal